ISO/IEC 1539-1:2018(EN)Information Technology — Programming languages — Fortran — Part 1: Base language
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2018 was created by Technical Committee ISO/IEC JTC 1, Information technology, Subcommittee SC 22, Programming languages, their environments and system software interfaces.
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2018 cancels and replaces the third edition (ISO 1539-1:2010), which has been technically revised. It also incorporates the Technical Corrigenda ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010/Cor. 1:2012, ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010/Cor. 2:2013, ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010/Cor. 3:2014, and ISO/IEC 1539-1:2010/Cor. 4:2016.
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2018 specifies the form and establishes the interpretation of programs expressed in the base Fortran language. The purpose of ISO/IEC 1539-1:2018 is to promote portability, reliability, maintainability, and efficient execution of Fortran programs for use on a variety of computing systems.
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2018 specifies
• The forms that a program written in the Fortran language can take,
• The rules for interpreting the meaning of a program and its data,
• The form of the input data to be processed by such a program, and
• The form of the output data resulting from the use of such a program.
Except where stated otherwise, requirements and prohibitions specified in ISO/IEC 1539-1:2018 apply to programs rather than processors.
ISO/IEC 1539-1:2018 does not specify
• The mechanism by which programs are transformed for use on computing systems,
• The operations required for setup and control of the use of programs on computing systems,
• The method of transcription of programs or their input or output data to or from a storage medium,
• The program and processor behavior when this document fails to establish an interpretation except for the processor detection and reporting requirements in items
• The maximum number of images, or the size or complexity of a program and its data that will exceed the capacity of any particular computing system or the capability of a particular processor,
• The mechanism for determining the number of images of a program,
• The physical properties of an image or the relationship between images and the computational elements of a computing system,
• The physical properties of input/output records, files, and units, or the physical properties and implementation of storage.
If you need more support with ISO/IEC 1539-1:2018, please contact us at +91-8595603096 or email@example.com