ISO 10664:2014 Hexalobular internal driving feature for bolts and screws
There are many different types of screws and bolts, each with their own unique features. The ISO 10664:2014 standard specifies the requirements for hexalobular internal driving features for bolts and screws. This article will provide an overview of the standard and its requirements.
What is ISO 10664:2014
ISO 10664:2014 is an international standard that defines the hexalobular internal driving feature for bolts and screws. This type of drive is also known as a 6-lobe drive or a star drive.
The ISO 10664 standard was first published in 2014 and it superseded the previous ISO standard for this type of drive, which was published in 2002.
The ISO 10664:2014 standard defines the dimensions and tolerances for the hexalobular internal driving feature for bolts and screws. This includes the minimum and maximum sizes for the diameter and height of the hexalobular drive, as well as the tolerances for the angles of the lobes.
The ISO 10664:2014 standard also specifies the requirements for marking and labeling of hexalobular internal driving feature bolts and screws. This includes information on what markings are required, as well as how these markings should be presented.
What are the requirements of ISO 10664:2014
In order to ensure the quality of products and services, ISO (the International Organization for Standardization) sets out international standards. One such standard is ISO 10664:2014, which specifies the requirements for hexalobular internal driving feature for bolts and screws.
In order to be compliant with ISO 10664:2014, products must meet the following requirements:
- The product must have a hexalobular internal driving feature.
- The product must be made of steel or another material with similar properties.
- The product must have a minimum length of 6 mm.
- The product must have a minimum thread diameter of 2 mm.
- The product must be manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 or another equivalent quality management system.
What are the benefits of ISO 10664:2014
The benefits of the new ISO 10664:2014 standard are many, but here are some of the most important ones:
- The new standard provides a more accurate and consistent way of measuring the drive size of bolts and screws. This will help to ensure that parts fit together correctly and that they are compatible with other parts.
- The new standard will help to improve the safety of products that use bolts and screws. By providing a more accurate way of measuring drive size, it will be easier to avoid potential hazards caused by mismatched or incompatible parts.
- The new standard will help to improve the quality of products that use bolts and screws. By providing a more accurate way of measuring drive size, it will be easier to produce parts that meet tight tolerances and that function as intended.
- The new standard will help to reduce costs associated with bolts and screws. By providing a more accurate way of measuring drive size, it will be possible to reduce the amount of waste produced during manufacturing.
We would be happy to answer any questions you have about our products or services. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
If you need more support with ISO 10664, please contact us at +91-8595603096 or firstname.lastname@example.org