ISO 19105:2022 Geographic information — Conformance and testing
ISO 19105:2022, Geographic information — Conformance and testing, is a comprehensive set of guidelines that describe how Geographic Information Systems (GIS) should be developed, operated and controlled. This document outlines the various requirements for GIS products and provides guidance on how to test them for conformance to these requirements.
What is ISO 19105:2022?
ISO 19105:2022 is a global standard for the characterization of geographical information. It covers the essentials of data capture, storage, management, and use, as well as related quality assurance requirements.
ISO 19105:2022 supplements and builds on ISO 19115:2004, which is the standard for the production of geographic information systems (GIS) products. ISO 19105:2022 helps to ensure that GIS products are consistent, accurate, and usable worldwide.
ISO 19105:2022 was developed in response to the increasing demand for consistent and reliable geographic data across a variety of applications. Today, businesses and government entities need accurate, up-to-date information to make informed decisions about their operations and infrastructure.
ISO 19105:2022 provides a common framework for characterizing geographical data in a way that is both technically sound and consistent with other international standards. By providing this standardization, it can help to simplify the process of exchanging geographic data between organizations.
If you are working with geographic data in any capacity, it is important to be familiar with ISO 19105:2022. By following this standard, you can ensure that your data is reliable and meets the needs of your customers
What are the requirements of ISO 19105:2022?
ISO 19105:2022 is the latest edition of the ISO standard for geographic information systems (GIS). It specifies the requirements for conformance and testing of GIS solutions.
The key features of ISO 19105:2022 are as follows:
- The standard covers a broad range of topics, from foundational concepts to specific solutions.
- The standard emphasizes risk analysis, design, and architecture throughout the life cycle of a GIS solution.
- The standard provides guidance on how to test and evaluate GIS solutions.
- The standard defines an evaluation approach that can be used to assess the performance of a GIS solution.
- The standard provides guidance on how to take corrective action when a GIS solution does not meet the required requirements.
- The standard provides recommendations for security considerations in GIS deployments.
- The standard includes training requirements for users who work with GIS solutions.
- The standard is open for revision and addition of new chapters as needed.
- Sponsors of ISO 19105:2022 are working on revisions that will improve the quality and accessibility of the standard.
- For more information about ISO 19105:2022,
What are the benefits of ISO 19105:2022?
ISO 19105:2022 is a voluntary global standard for geospatial information that was developed to help ensure the quality, consistency, and interoperability of geographic data.
There are many benefits to ISO 19105:2022, including the following:
– Quality: ISO 19105:2022 provides a consistent means of measuring the quality of geographic data.
– Consistency: Geographic data that meets the requirements of ISO 19105:2022 will be more consistent and reliable.
– Interoperability: Geographic data that meets the requirements of ISO 19105:2022 will be easier to integrate into other systems.
If you are involved in the production or use of geospatial information, it is important to understand and comply with ISO 19105:2022. By doing so, you can ensure the quality, consistency, and interoperability of your data.
If you need more support with ISO 19105:2022, please contact us at +91-8595603096 or firstname.lastname@example.org