ISO/IEC 9834 Information technology
* ISO/IEC 9834 Information technology — Open Systems Interconnection — Procedures for the operation of OSI Registration Authorities
ISO/IEC 9834 is a standards document that covers procedures for the operation of OSI Registration Authorities. This document provides guidance to OSI Registration Authorities on how they should operate, and it helps ensure that the registration process is efficient and reliable.
what is ISO/IEC 9834 Information technology?
ISO/IEC 9834 is a standard for the operation of OSI Registration Authorities. It defines the procedures for the management of registrations and the handling of requests for changes to registrar data items.
ISO/IEC 9834 is applicable to organizations that operate OSI Registration Authorities, or who are responsible for the registration of organizations that do. This includes organizations that are members of an OSI Registration Authority, as well as those that operate their own registration system.
Organizations that operate OSI Registration Authorities should be familiar with ISO/IEC 9834 in order to ensure that their registration system is operational and meets the standards set by ISO/IEC 9834.
ISO/IEC 9834 Information technology — Open Systems Interconnection — Procedures for the operation of OSI Registration Authorities
OSI Registration Authorities (RAs) play an important role in the OSI Reference Model, as they are responsible for registering new OSI Components and Services.
This document provides guidance on how RAs should operate. It is divided into four sections:
Section 1 covers the process of registering a new OSI Component.
Section 2 covers the process of registering a new OSI Service.
Section 3 deals with the issue of overlapping registrations, and
Section 4 provides clarification and guidance on other matters related to registration.
Scope of ISO/IEC 9834 Information technology
ISO/IEC 9834:2008 is a standard that defines the criteria for registration authorities (ROAs) in the open systems interconnection (OSI) reference model. The scope of ISO/IEC 9834 is OSI-related procedures and activities that an ROA must provide in order to be registered with ISO.
The following table outlines the general scope of ISO/IEC 9834:
Scope of ISO/IEC 9834
Operations and Activities
ISO/IEC 9834 provides guidelines for registering an ROA with ISO. Registration procedures include the following items:
1. Identification of the ROA
2. Submission of an application form
3. Verification of the ROA’s membership in relevant international organizations and agreements
4. Compliance check
5. Publication of the registration details in ISO’s central publication, The Register of Registers
1. ISO/IEC 11172:2004 Information technology — Open Systems Interconnection — Procedures for the operation of OSI Registration Authorities is a Nor ITU-T Recommendation.
2. The document contains procedures for the operation of OSI Registration Authorities, including provisions for registering and maintaining the credentials of individuals who are designated as OSI Registration Authorities.
3. It is an essential part of securing the proper functioning and authority of OSI Registration Authorities.
Identical Recommendations | International Standards
1. The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has published identical Recommendations for the operation of OSI Registration Authorities (ROAs).
2. These Recommendations are available on ISO’s website and provide guidance on how an ROA should operate, including procedures for the registration of domains and the issuing of certificates.
3. The recommended procedures are designed to ensure that registrations and certificates issued by an ROA are accurate and reliable. They also help to protect the interests of users and registrants.
If you need more support with ISO/IEC 9834, please contact us at +91-8595603096 or email@example.com