ISO 15924:2022 Information and documentation — Codes for the representation of names of scripts
ISO 15924:2022 is a new international standard that sets out codes for the representation of scripts. This document is essential for any business or organization that wants to provide accurate and consistent information about the scripts used on their websites or products.
What is ISO 15924:2022
ISO 15924:2022 is a standard that was created to help manufacturers and others produce accurate documentation for scripts. This standard helps to ensure that scripts are correctly represented in all types of documentation, including product labels, marketing materials, and customer service bulletins.
ISO 15924:2022 is a two-digit standard that uses the Latin alphabet. The first digit (1) identifies the script type, while the second digit (2) identifies the position within the script.
Some of the most common script types include Arabic, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Armenian, Thai, and Mongolian. ISO 15924:2022 can be used to accurately represent any of these scripts in all types of documentation.
ISO 15924:2022 is an important standard because it helps to ensure accuracy and consistency across all types of documentation. It can also help to reduce the amount of time needed to produce accurate documentation.
What are the requirements of ISO 15924:2022 ?
ISO 15924:2022 is the latest edition of ISO 15924, which provides a common language for representing the names of scripts.
The requirements of ISO 15924:2022 are as follows:
- Each script name must be unique and must not be duplicated in any other ISO 15924 publication.
- The script name must be expressed in lowercase letters without diacritics.
- The script name must be expressed in one of the following formats:
- The script name must be expressed using the Latin alphabet and 24 characters or less.
- The prefixes “ar” or “he” may be appended to the script name to indicate its usage region(s). For example, the prefix “arabic” may be used to indicate that a script is used predominantly in Arabic-speaking countries, while the prefix “cyrillic” may be used to indicate that a script is used predominantly in Cyrillic-speaking countries. If no prefix is specified, then the script name is assumed to denote the language of its geographic origin (i.e., Arabic
What are the benefits of ISO 15924:2022 ?
ISO 15924:2022 is a standard that allows the representation of names of scripts in a consistent way. This standard helps to ensure the accuracy and legibility of scripts.
One of the benefits of ISO 15924:2022 is that it allows for the interchangeability of scripts between different languages. This means that you can use the same script name in different languages without having to re-name the script.
Another benefit of ISO 15924:2022 is that it allows for the translation of scripts into other languages. This allows for the communication of information between different cultures and civilizations.
ISO 15924:2022 is an important standard because it ensures the accuracy, legibility, and interchangeability of scripts.
If you need more support with ISO 15924:2022,, please contact us at +91-8595603096 or email@example.com
Suggusted Certifications –